- - Operations
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a full-time Senior PHP/MySQL Web Developer to join our growing company in Indianapolis, Indiana. The right candidate will be an experienced, forward-thinking web software developer who is excited to work in a close-knit, entrepreneurial environment. He/she will take the lead on the maintenance, updates, and new feature development of our web-based SaaS hiring software.
This is a senior-level, active, hands-on coding position reporting to one of our Partners. As lead web programmer, you will have the opportunity and challenge to be visionary in the development of our core products, as well as be a key player in our organization. We use a variety of technologies to build and manage software, and we're willing to provide some training and time to learn, but in order to be successful at ExactHire you must already have solid technical chops to handle our current technologies. In addition, we are looking for someone who, once established, is excited to consider other technologies, as well as have a significant say in decisions for our company.
- Lead design, architecture & development of new, organized, high-performance web applications & product integrations that are scalable & optimized for speed. - (50%)
- Analyze business requirements and translate into system designs. Storyboard, develop, test, debug, secure, launch and document new features for products.
- Follow emerging trends for mobile recruiting and social media integration.
- Develop, implement, and maintain integrated social media applications. Current technologies involve PHP, MySQL, XML and third-party APIs, but you may make the decisions to incorporate other technologies as appropriate.
- Research technologies & engineer complete solutions to problems. - (45%)
- Propose and implement performance optimizations and scaling strategies, and diagnose and repair software problems.
- Work with Client Services to continuously research and fix reported issues. Provide updates on development requests and a proposed timeline for fixes and new releases.
- Handle server administration, including backup management & remote access - (5%)
- 24/7 on call for emergency response, disaster recovery. Issues happen very rarely, but you are expected to be available when they do.
- Make improvements to ensure maximum uptime, optimal website and server performance and optimal security.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Mathematics, EE, Computer Programming or related degree.
- At least 3+ years experience:
- Object Oriented PHP development (Perl, Java, Cold Fusion, etc. are not equivalent for our purposes, as we need immediate proficiency in PHP)
- MySQL - both SQL query language and database structure/design
- Developing commercially utilized web applications
- Hands-on working knowledge and strong proficiency in following technical areas (front-end & back-end development):
- Experience integrating distributed / disparate systems via APIs
- Previous experience working for B2B internet company, as well as with server and/or network administration, preferred
- XML & SSH experience
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong product sense and an interest in building web applications; as well as, the ability to quickly learn new technologies and envision how they will help us
- Ability to construct complex user interface functionality
- Working knowledge of popular open source frameworks
- Compensation competitive with market and based on experience
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k & life insurance
- 8 paid holidays/year + 2 weeks vacation/year
- Cell phone expense reimbursement
- Casual dress
- Life/work balance - after training, enjoy opportunity to occasionally work from home
If you'd like to some more detail about this opportunity and ExactHire, check out the Job Success Factors summary.